Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 2: Pineapple Paradise

I have to admit around five I started getting a little hungry stomach was rumbling a bit. I went in and made a Spinach, green apple, and carrot drink. Wow! I think that is going to be one of my favorites. It was Delish! And it completely stopped my tummy from rumbling and I no longer felt hungry. My sister asked me how I was feeling later that night and I told her I felt like Popeye! I can see why he loves his spinach, that stuff packs a punch I felt like I had just drank two cups of coffee without the side effects of the caffeine. I felt incredibly energized. The only down side was I was still awake at midnight. I am going to have to find a calming/sleepy time drink in my Juice Bible.

I woke up this morning about 4:30 am, and knew that if I wanted to I could pop right out of bed and start my day, but I didn't. I rolled back over and made myself go back to sleep. Slept till about 7:30 feeling pretty refreshed, sore but refreshed. My dreams didn't pull me out of sleep every few hours like they usually do. So I know I slept much better than I have in a long time.

Last night I made our breakfast drink for this morning, grapes, oranges, and strawberry. Put it in two thermoses one for Todd and one for me. I will tell you one thing... it was almost an instinct to pop a grape in my mouth as I was sitting there washing them. I didn't though I was good! This morning I was having a hankering for some pineapple this morning, so I flipped on the juicer and put in a whole pineapple (well cut small enough to fit through the juice feeder, skin and all) and added the pineapple to my juice. Yum, I am just missing an umbrella and a nice sunny beach. What a nice way to start the day.

Sage is really enjoying the new bounties of all these fresh fruits. He had a whole banana and a Hard boiled egg (just the egg whites, he doesn't care for the yolk... he is so much like me). Yesterday for lunch he had a fruit salad and he was in his seventh heaven, for dinner last night I made him some Mediterranean vegetable couscous for Sage, which he loved! I am so glad he is not one of these picky kids who won't eat anything but hotdogs and mac'n'cheese. (Just a side note I read a report that found kids who eat lots of hotdogs and processed lunch meats are 10 times more likely to develop Leukemia. Something to keep in mind when packing your kids lunches. You will not find hotdogs in my house anymore. Sorry Oscar you are hence forth exiled from my castle)   Anyways, I made enough Couscous for Todd too but he said while he is home he will be doing the juicing with me and had a spinach, carrot, apple drink with me. He is so sweet, I am grateful for his support in this.

I would like to take the time to thank everyone cheering me on through this. It is so nice having a pep squad! I know this would be so much harder without the support of my loved ones and friends! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Oh and as for the weight... I LOST 3lbs! Just in the first day! Not bad if I do say so myself. That is technically 7lbs since last week, but I am not counting the 4 I lost in my prep week. Going off of the starting weight of yesterday.


                                                                         L'Chaim לְחַיִּים! 










No comments:

Post a Comment